Mountain View Homes
Below you will find the General Specifications for all custom homes built by Mountain View Homes located on Route 507 & Ledgedale Road in Greentown.
1. EXCAVATION - All excavation includes lot clearing, digging, backfilling, driveway, crushed stone inside foundation, drain tile around perimeter, water and sewer line hook up and/or septic system.
2. FOUNDATION - Concrete footing mixed in proper proportions with 2500 PSI, frost footer where applicable, 12" concrete block 12 courses above footer with top course termite/solid block, 4" concrete floor 3000 PSI poured over poly vapor barrier with true even surface, foundation parged and tarred.
3. FRAMING - All framing includes 2"x6" exterior walls 16" on center, 2"x10" floor system, 3/4" T&G plywood flooring, all interior wall partitions 2"x4", all 1/2" plywood roof sheathing over roof rafters all 16" on center, 20 year fiberglass roof shingles over #15 felt paper. All facial boards and soffits completed.
4. SIDING - Depending on style of home and location. Siding includes choice of cedar or pine in clapboard, T&G, or T111. Alcoa Vinyl siding is also available, vertical or horizontal.
5. WINDOWS AND DOORS - All windows shall be all wood/clad or vinyl thermopane. Choice of brands include Andersen, Semco, or Superior. All entry doors to be Stanley metal clad.
6. INSULATION - Fiberglass floors R13, walls, R19, ceilings R30 & R38.
7. PLUMBING - All plumbing fixtures to be American Standard or equal. All faucets single lever Delta, 50 or 80 gallon hot water heater, exterior spigot, shut off valves to all fixtures, pressure lines copper, drain lines PVC.
8. ELECTRIC - All electric work to comply with National Electric Code and approved by Underwriter’s Electrical Inspection. Main service to have 40 breaker, 200 AMP panel box. GFI Circuit Protection and Smoke Detectors as per code.
9. HEATING AND COOLING - Standard construction costs include UL approved low intensity electric baseboard heating units, guaranteed to maintain 70 degrees at -10 degrees outside. Each room is equipped with individual wall mounted thermostat. Optional heating and cooling systems include electrical heat pump, oil hot air, propane.
10. INTERIOR WALLS - There is ½" sheetrock throughout the home with 3 coats of taping and spackling, then 2 coats of paint applied. Options include paneling, wallpaper, T&G cedar or pine, beamed or paneled ceilings.
11. INTERIOR DOORS AND TRIM - All interior doors are 1 3/8" Birch with clamshell or colonial trim. All doors have required security, privacy or passage locksets. All closets to be fully trimmed with shelf and closet rods. Options include solid core Ponderosa Pine 6 panel doors.
12. KITCHEN AND APPLIANCES - Our standard kitchen package is Merillat Light Oak Summerhill II with full formica backsplash, wood bullnosing and crown molding. Appliance package includes 19 cubic foot Frost Free GE Refrigerator, GE self cleaning 30" range, GE potscrubber dishwasher.
13. FLOOR COVERING - The contractor will supply and install jute backed and upgraded Philadelphia brand wall to wall carpeting in all rooms except in the kitchen and baths. Kitchen and bath floors shall have Mannington "Vega" or equal.
14. FIREPLACE - Your choice of a wood burning or propane fireplace is included in every home, with a choice of brick facing or Eldorado stone.
*** It should be noted that Mountain View Homes matches or exceeds the General Specifications of other home building companies in the Pocono Mountains region.